Make a claim

Brokers can be sure that policy claims will be fulfilled promptly and efficiently. Mi Property have an in-house claims team that will assist your landlords through each stage of the claim process, from putting together the documents, presenting the claim, tracking and negotiating any disputes that may arise.

Claims helplines

Aviva – 0800 015 1498

Zurich Insurance – 0800 028 0337

Hiscox – 01206 773 899

Arch – 0345 258 3880

Portus Underwriting - 023 9224 8500

Assisting your customers - how to make a claim

Register claim: Please note that it is a condition of your customer’s policy that all claims for loss or damage are notified to us as soon as reasonably possible. Please contact the Mi Property claims department for advice regarding the loss.

Urgent action: If the claim is urgent and requires immediate action to prevent further damage, the insurers will usually consider costs incurred for emergency work, depending on the amount and of course, provided the claim is covered under the policy.

Claims process

In order for the insurers to consider the claim, your customers will be required to supply the following:

  • A fully completed claim form which you can download below. Please see the claim form guidance notes if you require assistance with completing this.


  • Two comparative estimates for the works required to the property. (Please contact us for advice if you experience difficulty obtaining these).
  • Any relevant invoices for “emergency work” or “trace and access” which you wish the insurers should consider. (Please contact us to confirm that these amounts will be covered under the policy).
  • Confirmation that the source of the leak has been rectified. (Claims for water damage only).
  • Confirmation of the crime reference number obtained from the Police, together with details of the station that the loss was reported to, and the name of the reporting officer. (Claims for malicious damage or break-in only).

Authorisation for the work to begin will then be given by the insurers, subject to the claim being covered.

The receipted invoice should be submitted once the work has been completed, together with confirmation of who the settlement cheque should be payable to.

Provided all the paperwork is in order, the insurers will issue a settlement cheque, which will then be forward either to the customer or broker, depending on who is dealing with the claim.